The first step to solving an addictive problem is registering the problem itself. Once you’ve done that you might think that detoxing and recovering at home might be an easy process. However, millions had reported relapses within a short period when the detox programs were carried at home.
So, if you’re someone who often contemplated why detoxes should be done in professional environments, we’re here to elaborate why.
Understanding the extent of the addiction goes beyond personal assessment. To treat your problem effectively, you must be in the hands of professionals that can check up on your mental and physical health in a thorough manner.
So, here is why you should look for detox program Los Angeles and how seeking professional help will aid you in saving your life.
What Are Detox Programs?
Detoxification is the process through which the body gets rid of toxins and waste within itself. This holds true for drugs and alcohol as well. When an addicted person stops using these substances, withdrawal symptoms start to appear within 6 to 24 hours. These symptoms can be major or minor but will require medical assistance nonetheless.
Withdrawal symptoms make a recovery extremely uncomfortable so enrolling in inpatient detox programs can help you maintain a healthy detox journey. Through detox programs, you can rid your body of the toxins while under medical attention and care.
Facts About Getting Detoxed In A Professional Setting
Quitting on your own seems like an easy job at times which is why most people don’t consider professional help as an option. This can lead to further mental and physical deterioration in the years ahead. Therefore, it is vital to let healthcare experts assess and examine your condition.
Here are some factors you need to consider when seeking help from professional environments for your addiction treatment.
- Getting detoxed in a professional setting helps in reducing the chances of relapsing. The staff keeps a vigilant check on you and cuts of all ways possible to the substance. This way, you will not need to put your self-control to test and can continue a successful detox journey.
- Healthcare professionals and staff are trained to provide you with an environment that promotes your journey towards sobriety. The staff is empathetic and will understand what you’re going through and try to help you achieve mental peace.
- There will be people there just like you. The essence of a community is extensively present amongst rehabilitation centers, and this community is what helps in recovery. The unity and reassurance from others that have shared the same experiences as you helps to develop a positive outlook for your sobriety journey.
- Therapy helps in targeting the mental traumas and illnesses that one can often overlook. By seeking professional help, you will receive the necessary psychological evaluation alongside the much-needed counseling for these issues.
- You can separate yourself from your usual area by getting inpatient detox treatments. Studies have shown that the rooms and spaces where the substance usage took place can act as a trigger for relapse. By adapting to a new environment, you can easily recover by adjusting yourself in a unique contextual setting. This change in environment is what helps prevent relapses and promote recovery.
- Carrying out detox processes at home can severely affect your personal relationships in cases of emotional changes and hostile reactions. You can prevent that from happening when you’re seeking inpatient detox treatments. You can quickly recover at your own pace without the constraints of social and personal relationships.
Getting help for addictions through professional clinics is the best route to take. Whether its detox programs or inpatient rehabilitation, a controlled and safe environment is what harbors a successful recovery.