If you have been considering supplements to improve your health, whether you want general all body health improvement or help with a specific organ, you have probably stumbled upon CoQ10. This remarkable supplement works on the cellular level, which means that it has benefits for almost everybody. Here’s what you need to know about CoQ10.
What Is Coq10?
Coenzyme Q10, or CoQ10, is found in nearly all life forms. It is almost entirely found within the mitochondria. Each cell has a mitochondrion that helps to create energy for the cell. The mitochondria also neutralize free radicals that enter the cell.
What Happens When Coq10 Levels Decrease?
Our natural production of CoQ10 decreases as we get older. Lifestyle choices like diet, stress, sleep, and smoking can also affect CoQ10 production.
When CoQ10 diminishes, mitochondria function less well. Free radicals are more likely to get into cells and cause damage, which leads to all kinds of health problems.
CoQ10 has been available for a long time, but they have not typically been as effective as hoped. It seems that supplementing with this valuable enzyme does not cause it to accumulate in the mitochondria and result in positive results.
Coq10 Can Be Tricky For The Body To Absorb
For CoQ10 to have the beneficial effects that we are looking for in supplementation it needs to be absorbed into not only the blood, but the cells and the mitochondria. Old-fashioned CoQ10 supplements are primarily only present in the blood and are not capable of passing into the mitochondria.
This is because CoQ10 is a relatively large molecule. It is fat-soluble, so it needs to be taken with foods that have fat or oil. Therefore, when people take most CoQ10 supplements, they are only getting a very small amount of it into their mitochondria.
More Absorbable Coq10
Researchers recently discovered a way to make CoQ10 accessible to your cells. Mitochondria have a negative charge that is significant when you compare it to the rest of the cell.
By attaching a positively charged molecule to CoQ10, they caused it to be drawn to the mitochondria creating a much more absorbable version of CoQ10.
Benefits Of Coq10 Supplement
CoQ10 has significant benefits for whole-body health, so it should come as no surprise that a CoQ10 supplement can do a lot for your body, provided it can be absorbed. Here’s what you need to know if you’re wondering, what does CoQ10 do?
- Energy. CoQ10 helps your mitochondria to provide energy to the cell, which in turn offers strength to your entire body. If you are on an easily absorbed CoQ10 supplement, you may feel more energetic throughout the day.
- Healthy muscle and tissue. By enabling the cells to build strong tissue, you’ll be able to maintain better-toned muscles and have stronger joints and connective tissues for longer.
- Organ health. Healthy mitochondria enable the cells in your organs to function properly, preventing issues throughout your organ systems.
- Fight against environmental stressors. Oxidative stress from the environment and the effects of pollutants on your body can be counteracted by effective free radical removal by your cells, enabled by CoQ10.
- Improved immune function. A strongly functioning immune system will help to keep you from getting sick. It can also be better at identifying invaders that are not dangerous, prevented the over-response that results in allergies.
Consider A Coq10 Supplement For Overall Health
If you want your entire body to be healthier, a CoQ10 isn’t a bad idea. Be sure to choose a version that is readily absorbed into your system. Combine CoQ10 with diet and exercise to have the healthiest possible lifestyle.