There are lots of hi-tech gadgets that you can use at home to improve your life and the smart-home will soon be the norm, as we prepare for the rollout of 5G and the Internet of Things, which will be a network for every single digital device on the planet. The Internet is always a good source of information, especially regarding new technology, and with that in mind, here are some tech devices you could install in your home.
- Solar Panels – The Australian government are offering financial incentives to home and business owners if they make the switch to solar energy. While it is a large investment to install solar panels and special deep cycle batteries, it is a wise investment in the long run, plus you have total energy independence and you can even sell your excess power to the grid. If you would like to learn more about the cost of installing solar panels, search with Google to locate an established supplier who would be happy to pay you a home visit and discuss the many options.
- Motion Sensor Lighting – This is a safe way to manage exterior lighting and when you are walking in the garden, the lights will automatically come on and this will deter any would-be intruder. If you have yet to switch to LED lighting, now would be a good time to do so, as LED lights use less electricity, even though they are more expensive to buy.
- Electronic Alarm – There are state of the art security alarms that can be configured so that the family dog won’t trigger the alarm and you can even have the system make a call to the local police, to inform them that an intruder is trying to gain access to your home.
- Electric Fencing – If you live on a large plot of land, you might want to consider installing an electric fence from a supplier such as jva-fence.com.au, where you can buy a wide range of fencing solutions to keep wildlife out or pets in. You can buy complete kits online that contain the energiser, which has a specific range and a power output and if you buy a well-known brand, the system will be reliable, with a small battery to hold the power.
- Alexa – You can buy a digital home assistant who will tell you the time, the weather and also can be connected to your smart-home to control appliances. Homeowners who invested in Alexa say they would never return to pre-Alexa life, as the device helps in so many ways. If you don’t own an Apple watch, now would be a good time to discover the many features this device offers.
- Robot Vacuum Cleaner – These can really save you a lot of time; simply turn it on and it will navigate around objects while cleaning the carpets. You can even program the device to vacuum the floors when you are not at home, which means your house will always be clean and tidy.
- Bluetooth Speakers – Why not install a few Bluetooth speakers around the home? They are inexpensive and can connect to your smartphone or computer and you can play your favourite music in any room of the house. You can even buy waterproof Bluetooth speakers to use in the bathroom and if you like sing in the shower, get a waterproof Bluetooth speaker.
- CCTV – If you would like the best deterrent against house-breaking, simply install a few CCTV cameras around the perimeter of your home. Video surveillance is regarded as a very good home security system and if you talk to your local locksmith, he can supply and install CCTV home security systems at affordable prices.
- Electric Gates – You could replace your old front gates with a made to measure electric sliding gate that has many features, including a small camera and microphone that allows you to communicate with people who are on the other side of the gate. The gate would open automatically when your car approaches, as it will have a special sensor on the front that will trigger the opening of the gate and it will automatically close after you enter.
- Keyless Access System – If you would like to eliminate bulky keys, you can have a keyless locking system that is password protected and every family member has their own password. You could even go biometric, using fingerprints, which is even more convenient. The best person to talk to about keyless access is your local locksmith, who can supply and install a system designed for the property.
The smart-home will certainly be the future and you can acquire many digital gadgets that help you at home and perhaps in the near future, we will all have humanoid robots as housekeepers. If you are thinking of building your dream home, this is the perfect opportunity to go down the smart road.