When people think of smoking, they normally think of a tobacco cigarette, but this was not always the case. There is evidence that the human race has smoked one thing or another for some time like the Mayans who smoked hallucinogenic substances or Middle Eastern cultures that smoked cannabis.
The love affair people have with smoking has always been there, but it always changes. At the moment, the newest form of smoking comes from a battery-operated vaper, which is definitely challenging the cigarette. The following is an honest review of both to help you figure out which one is the best.
Pros and Cons of Smoking
Tobacco is natural, so there are bound to be a few benefits to smoking, but the problem is that most people do not smoke natural tobacco, so they are also inhaling questionable additives. The following are some pros:
- Evidence shows that smoking tobacco could help reduce the chances of developing osteoarthritis.
- It seems that people who smoke are less likely to develop Parkinson’s disease, which is a major problem for people of a certain age.
- Some have noticed that people who smoke lose their appetite, which could help some people control their weight if they have weight problems.
- It seems that smoking can help reduce stress in some cases.
These are definitely the benefits worth pointing out, but the cons are quite scary:
- The risk of developing a heart problem are higher in people who smoke such as cardiovascular disease, which could lead to heart attacks.
- Smoking has been linked to a number of cancers such as lung cancer though there are others.
- Oral problems such as cavities or gingivitis are common amongst people who smoke cigarettes.
- The immune system seems to be weaker amongst people who smoke, and that puts them in unnecessary danger.
- Some of the additives that cigarettes contain are quite addictive, which could lead to all sorts of hardships that no one should submit themselves to.
The issues linked to regular cigarettes are numerous and pretty scary, which could be the reason many people are turning their backs on them. Of course, quitting is sometimes easier said than done though there are some effective routes like vaping. This has helped many people willing to give the new electronic device a shot.
Pros and Cons of Vaping
It is easy to see why many are turning to vaping, but it is good to know the pros and cons anyway.
- Vaping oils are pretty transparent about their ingredients, making it easier for people to ensure the absence of questionable additives.
- Nicotine, which is one of the ingredients in regular cigarettes, is not present in the oil used in vape sticks. This means that vaping is not as addictive, yet it helps satisfy that urge, which is helping people quit smoking.
- There is no odor associated with vaping, and people do not have to worry about developing yellow teeth, so vaping can help keep a person attractive.
- Vaping is accepted in most places, and it is much cheaper, so it makes life easier for the user.
Not many people would argue against these pros, but there are some cons to point out like the following:
- Some people can develop dry mouth or even a cough, which is one of reason moderation should be observed along with proper hydration.
- Vape users could get a little sick after smoking enough; some people get headaches while others feel nausea.
- Some people can develop vaper’s tongue, which means that the vaper’s sense of taste is diminished. This happens after vaping the same flavor for too long, but it is a problem that can be fixed.
Just like everything, there seems to be good and bad on both sides of this match. Still, it is obvious that e-cigarettes are simply much better than the antiquated cigarette.