The current trend for healthier lifestyles is emphasised by the Covid-19 pandemic and lockdowns do not necessarily mean we have to compromise on health and fitness issues, especially with online suppliers of health foods and supplements. While there might be travel restrictions and many stores are closed for business, the online suppliers are still able to trade, and with that in mind, here are some of the health related things that can be found online.
- Vitamin & Mineral Supplements – In a perfect world, we would all derive the essential vitamins and minerals from our daily diet, yet with such a fast pace of life, many people do not have a balanced diet and this can lead to health issues. One solution is to take an A-Z vitamin & mineral supplement, which can be sourced from the online health store; you can order a 3-month supply and once you get into the habit of taking the capsule every morning, it soon becomes second nature.
- Fresh Fruit & Vegetables – Before you think that obtaining organic fresh fruit and vegetables is difficult, there are organic farms that sell their produce online and they will deliver within a specified radius. This also means you are supporting your local community, while ensuring that you receive all of the essential minerals and nutrition that comes from eating fresh organic produce. A weekly delivery is all you need, as you can keep the produce in the fridge and this will ensure that your diet is on track.
- Healthy Fruit Juice Drink Powder – Take a look at the fruit powder from Jooze Juice that comes in many great flavours and even though it comes in powder form, you do not lose any of the nutritious value. There are many benefits from drinking powdered fruit juice drinks; no messy peeling and preparation, simply add cold water and mix and you have the perfect fruit juice drink.
- Virtual Fitness Classes – It isn’t only products you can buy online, as most of the fitness and gym studios now offer virtual classes, which are held using Zoom or another VoIP application. They do classes for yoga and Pilates, plus you can hire a virtual personal trainer to be pushing you every grueling step of the way to achieve your fitness goals. If you are struggling financially, workout to the free YouTube videos, of which there are many and this will help you to maintain a good level of fitness during the pandemic.
- Mental Health Counselling – Staying at home for long periods can affect a person mentally and if you have been made redundant due to Covid-19 and are stressed about the future, there are agencies that offer virtual mental health counselling using a Zoom call. It might be 30 minutes a day, in the evening, and having someone to talk to can make all the difference. This is especially important if you live alone and let’s not forget we have the Internet as a form of communication; a Facebook video call with family and friends brings you that essential social contact we all need. Click here for tips to keep your kids healthy during the pandemic.
- Free Learning Resources – The Internet offers free resources on any topic, which allows you to learn more about healthy living. We should not forget about our spiritual needs; many people have found calmness and contentment from the teachings of Buddhism – set aside an hour a day to explore your spirituality and learning basic meditation techniques could be the solution to anxiety. The fast pace of western life can be very stressful, especially during a global pandemic and learning how to be comfortable with oneself brings with it an inner peace.
- Fresh White Meat & Fish – Regardless of where you live, you can search online for a fresh fish supplier and you can order enough for a weekly meal of salmon, which contains essential Omega-3 oils, indeed, there isn’t much you can’t order from the online supplier. If you have a freezer, you can build up a good supply of fish and chicken, packing into individual portions to unfreeze on a daily basis.
While we have always used the Internet, this has become essential during the current Coronavirus pandemic, and using all of the above will ensure that you remain healthy, fit and ready to take on the world when the pandemic is finally behind us. If you haven’t already integrated the Internet into your daily life, there are so many benefits if you do, including essential social contact. Make an effort to video call your best friend and use social media to communicate, as this provides the essential social contact we need.
Of course, prior to leaving home, we should all check for the current Covid-19 update, wherever you live in the world.