Cellulite is the bane of women all over the world. While it’s commonly associated in the popular imagination with being overweight, the fact is cellulite strikes the overweight, the normal weight, and the underweight with equal disdain.
To absolutely no one’s surprise, there’s a huge market for products that claim to conquer cellulite. Some of them are creams, some are belts, and some are oversized mechanical devices that look like they were lifted from the set of a science fiction movie. And then there’s the Fascia Blaster.
The Fascia Blaster is perhaps the strangest looking therapeutic device you’ll ever see yet it’s been getting rave reviews across the board. But does it really contain within its multi-pronged plastic dials the secret to slaying cellulite? Or is it just another science fiction prop? Let’s take a closer look and find out.
What is The Fascia Blaster?
Ask 100 people what cellulite is and 99 will tell you it’s fat. (The other person will just say they don’t know.) But “fat” is only part of the answer.
The fact is that more often than not, cellulite is the result of fat becoming trapped in the fascia. That sheet of connective tissue that supports and envelops the bones, muscles, and vital organs. (Fascia is why your stomach stays where it belongs when you run instead of flopping all over the place in your body cavity.)
This layer of fascia goes about its crucial role of providing our bodies with their structural integrity without much gratitude or fanfare.
Without it, we’d just be blobs of organic material, sort of like walking jellyfish. But sometimes the fascia can take hold of fatty deposits that come in contact with it, and the result is what we see from the outside as cellulite.
The Fascia Blaster was developed by a woman named Ashley Black and is, in essence, a device that massages the fascia in an attempt to jar lose the fat that has become stuck to it. Once freed, that fat is able to take up a more normal position within your physiology and no longer appears as the areas of bumps and dimples we know as cellulite.
That’s the theory anyway. But does it actually work? Surprisingly, our tests indicate that it does. While it may not transform you into the trim, perfectly sculpted goddess the marketing promises, it does somehow manage to actually transform lumpy areas into significantly smoother-looking areas. But how does it do that?
Importance of Fascia Blasting
Before we get into exactly how the Fascia Blaster works, we should put in another good word or two about the fascia. Because, while the name “Fascia Blaster” seems to imply that the fascia is somehow the bad guy in the cellulite equation, the fact is we simply couldn’t live without it.
Furthermore maintaining a healthy, vibrant fascia is important for a number of reasons:
- It enhances blood flow, which delivers nutrients and oxygen to the muscles and organs
- It enables you to maintain proper body alignment and symmetry
- A healthy fascia means you’re less likely to suffer an injury to your muscles or tendons
- A healthy fascia helps reduce scarring after injuries
- A tight, elasticized fascia layer enables better athletic performance
So fascia blasting is not just an important part of the process of reducing cellulite, it’s also crucial to the maintenance of a healthy, responsive physiology. It wasn’t until recently, howeverm that the true value of fascia blasting became known.
And once it did, all types of devices hit the market claiming to be the most effective method for maintaining a healthy fascia.
It wasn’t until Ashley Black came along and made the connection between the fascia and cellulite that the Fascia Blaster that’s so popular today was developed.
Black’s breakthrough was in realizing that the same properties that allowed the fascia to adhere to muscles, tendons, and bones also caused it to sometimes grab hold of fat deposits and cause areas of cellulite to develop.
The somewhat awkward-looking but very effective device she came up with for dealing with the problem penetrates the layers of skin and manipulates the fascia itself.
After a few minutes of treatment, the fascia releases the fatty deposits and they move into a more natural position that produces a smoother looking and feeling surface to the skin.
Is FasciaBlaster Effective?
We have to admit that yes, the Fascia Blaster is actually quite effective. We entered into this review process having seen and tested all kinds of miracle cellulite cures that were/are little more than money vacuums.
To say we were skeptical about the Fascia Blaster would be an understatement. To our surprise, however, our cynicism was unwarranted.
Because, although it’s not perfect as we alluded to earlier, the Fascia Blaster actually does a pretty good job transforming problem areas into more or less smooth areas of skin. And that’s what we’re after, isn’t it?
It’s also pretty clear that in order to retain the improvement produced by the Fascia Blaster, you’ll need to stay on course or the nasty cellulite or it’s bound to return.
With that said, exactly how well the device will work for you will depend on a number of factors including your age and weight and the severity of your cellulite problem. Keep in mind though that not all cellulite is caused by fat being trapped by the fascia.
But overall, and in most cases, the Fascia Blaster seems to deliver above-average benefits for a minimal investment of time and money. And what are those benefits? Let’s take a look.
“I think every woman would want to do something about their cellulite!” – Tyra Banks
Benefits of Fascia Blaster
The Fascia Blaster is not just a novelty device for temporarily smoothing out your skin. It actually produces a number of quantifiable benefits, including:
- Reduced amounts of cellulite – This is why you’re buying it, after all, and it’s one of the few devices we’re aware of that actually makes good on its promise to reduce visible cellulite. It does this by freeing fat that had been snagged by the fascia and held in an unnatural position.
Once freed, however, this adipose tissue then adheres more closely to the contour of the muscles, creating a noticeably smoother surface. Although, as we said earlier, if you want to retain that newly minted smooth skin, you’ll need to use the Fascia Blaster on a fairly regular basis.
- Greater definition – Once the fat tissue is freed from the fascia and allowed to take up a more natural position, you’ll notice your natural contours re-emerging. Maybe for the first time in years. If you makefascia blasting part of a regular workout and conditioning routine, you’ll be able to enjoy much greater muscle definition than you otherwise would have.
It’s also likely that you’ll find that you’re more flexible because the fascia has been freed from the burden of playing host to all that fat tissue.
- Enhanced blood flow – Once the proper alignment of muscles, fascia, and fat tissue has been re-established, blood will flow more smoothly through all your vital muscle tissue, providing important nutrients and oxygen.
If you’re like our testers, you’ll feel more vibrant and energetic and you’ll get more out of your strenuous workouts. You may also experience the lifting of a mental fog you may not have been aware had descended upon you.
- You’ll likely be more flexible – With your fascia freed of the fat tissue that was preventing it from doing its job, you’ll likely find you’re more flexible in the aftermath of several Fascia Blaster treatments. Although not everyone reports that this is the case for them. It seems that the younger you are, the more likely you are to experience increased flexibility.
Should You Try It?
If you have been fighting a losing battle against cellulite, hoping against hope that the latest cream or fad diet would alleviate the problem our experience suggests you owe it to yourself to give the Fascia Blaster a try. Be aware, however, that this type of deep tissue therapy is not for everyone and not without risks, including:
- The possibility of bruising – You’ll be working the tissue pretty aggressively so there’s always a chance you may wind up with a bruise or two.
- The chance you’ll look worse before looking better – Some people have reported that they went through a phase of looking decidedly worse after their first treatments. This phase passed pretty quickly, however, and gave way to their improved profile.
- The possibility you’ll experience pain – Again, because you’ll be working your body pretty aggressively, there’s always the chance that you may experience some pain in the aftermath of a treatment session. NSAIDs and rest should alleviate it.
The only people who probably shouldn’t use the FasciaBlaster without first consulting their doctor sare those with autoimmune diseases, cancer or pregnant women. For just about anyone else willing to risk a few bruises, however, the Fascia Blaster may well have something to offer.
How Much Does FasciaBlaster Cost?
The Fascia Blaster costs about $70 on Amazon. That’s usually the best place to buy it since there are multiple retailers there competing against each other, which tends to drive down the price.
The Fascia Blaster represented one of the more pleasant surprises we’ve had recently and we’d recommend it for anyone wanting to rid themselves of the tyranny of cellulite.
It’s not a one-time treatment/permanent cure but with regular treatments, you should look better and stay looking good. So stop dumping your money into creams and diets that don’t work. Try the Fascia Blaster instead and see what it’s like to buy something that actually works!