From keto diet supplements to ready-made meals that are delivered to your door scores of businesses market themselves and their products as your best bet for losing weight. With a name like Skinnymint, you have to figure this company is no different. And for the most part, they aren’t.
They claim that if you use their products as directed, you’ll achieve the svelte, toned body you’ve always wanted. Skinnymint is marketed aggressively toward young women. And that’s fine. What we’re here to find out is if all the glowing Skinnymint reviews reflect reality. Or if they’re just another diet product that will wind up collecting dust in the cabinet.
What is Skinnymint?
Skinnymint is a company that makes and markets weight loss products for young women. The company has been around since 2014 and has its main office in Singapore. They also maintain secondary offices in London and in Reno, NV in the US. Skinnymint relies heavily on social media influencers to get its message out.
Eschewing more traditional forms of marketing and advertising. This way, they save money and bring their message more directly to their target demographic who, let’s face it, don’t really watch a lot of TV anymore.
Skinnymint products are focused on helping users burn fat. They claim their two-step system of energizing teas and overnight detox is the best way to do just that. But while the focus is on their 14-day and 28-day Teatox packages they also produce and sell a variety of secondary products intended to help you stay focused on weight loss.
What Are The Different Products it Offers?
The different products Skinnymint offers are designed to help burn fat and restore order to your digestive system. They actually produce quite a number of products, but the one that attracts the most customer attention (and is emblematic of their overall approach to diet and health) is their Teatox program.
This program is either 14 or 28 days in length and comprised of two basic categories: “Morning Boost” and “Night Cleanse.”
As you can imagine from the names Morning Boost is intended to provide you a boost of energy to start the day and Night Cleanse goes to work while you sleep to clean you out. Let’s look at the two Teatox components in a little more detail.
- Morning Boost – The Morning Boost component of the Teatox system is essentially their own proprietary brand of tea. You’re advised to have one cup of this tea every morning to provide energy for the day. In the past (and indeed still today) people do this by having a cup of coffee.
Morning Boost is no different. It’s caffeine-heavy tea designed to do exactly what a cup of coffee does. Because their Morning Boost tea is heavy in caffeine, you’ll want to avoid using it in the evening. Unless you want to lie awake staring at the ceiling.
- Night Cleanse – The Night Cleanse component of the Skinnymint Teatox system is, you guessed it, another cup of tea. This time though the caffeine has been eliminated and the formulation is heavy on antioxidants, amino acids, diuretics, and fiber.
The latter two ingredients are designed to promote regularity, while the former is there to help you repair and rebuild muscles (particularly effective if you’re into working out) and fight the scourge of free radicals.
If you didn’t need a laxative, to begin with, and you don’t workout much Night Cleanse might not produce much by way of quantifiable results.
Keep in mind that, as we said above, Skinnymint offers a full range of products. We chose to focus on Teatox because it’s a fine example of their overall approach. If you visit their website however you’ll also find “Fat Burning Gummies,” “Green Cleansing Elixir,” Their “28 Day Fat Burning Bundle” and more.
Are Skinnymint Products Effective?
Skinnymint reviews indicate they are. But, as is the case with most things in life, you’re going to get out of Skinnymint pretty much what you put into it. If you adhere to the letter of the program and don’t spend your alone time scarfing pizza, you’ll likely find that Skinnymint can help you slim down.
The various products are designed to complement one another with some intended to cleanse your system while others are intended to step in and ensure your newly cleansed system is supplied with the nutrients it needs to optimize energy.
Maybe the best way to determine their effectiveness is to bypass the flashy packaging and look at the various ingredients involved.
- Ginger root – Ginger root is typically used to help improve digestion. Important for attaining optimal health.
- Peppermint leaves – It’s not just here for taste purposes. It’s also known for its stimulant properties.
- Psyllium seeds – This is a type of soluble fiber that’s included here to promote healthy GI behavior.
- Green tea – Now we get to the heart of the matter. Green tea is often used in diet pills and supplements as a way to introduce caffeine without attracting attention. People often think it is other ingredients providing the energy boost they feel when actually it’s just caffeine.
- Guarana seeds – Speaking of caffeine, Skinnymint’s love affair with caffeine goes beyond just green tea leaves. Guarana seeds actually contain twice the amount of caffeine you’ll find in coffee beans.
- Nettle leaf – The leaves of the nettle plant are known to be rich in antioxidants and amino acids. Two things any health-conscious person can appreciate.
- Senna leaves – Senna has long been used for its laxative properties.
- Dandelion – Like senna leaves dandelion is a diuretic.
For decades weight loss supplements and diet pills have been using caffeine to stimulate people into getting up and getting active. Caffeine also inhibits appetite. So there’s nothing revolutionary about Skinnymint products. They rely on caffeine, but they also provide other ingredients that promote digestion and provide valuable antioxidants and amino acids.
“It’s not what you do once in a while, it’s what you do every day that makes a difference.” – Jenny Craig
Pros and Cons of Using Skinnymint Products
Like most any product, there are advantages and disadvantages to using Skinnymint. Let’s take a closer look at them now.
- Typically effective ingredients – You can’t argue the fact that caffeine is an effective stimulant. Nor can you argue that psyllium seeds are a good source of fiber or that nettle leaf is loaded with antioxidants.
- A basically sound idea – The underlying premise of the Teatox program is that if you are active during the day, sleep well at night and have regular bowel movements, your overall health will improve. And that’s true. The trick, as always, is sticking to the program.
- A reliable company – Skinnymint is not some fly-by-night organization out to scam you of a hundred bucks before they disappear. They’re legit and work with a worldwide network of social media influencers who represent their main marketing force.
- Heavy on the caffeine – Perhaps the only real potential downside is that, like a lot of diet supplements, Skinnymint relies heavily on caffeine. If you’re sensitive to caffeine, you may want to avoid these products.
- Expensive – Skinnymint products aren’t for those on a tight budget. It’s as simple as that.
Other than the price and caffeine, there aren’t a lot of cons associated with Skinnymint products. They’re there for you if you want to take advantage of what they have to offer. And if you do use them, there’s nothing here that’s going to harm you in any significant way.
The world of weight loss programs and supplements is littered with ideas and products that didn’t do much except allow some people to make a quick buck. As such, you always want to approach such products with a healthy dose of skepticism.
The good news is that Skinnymint is not a scam. Both the company and the products they produce and market are legit. And if you follow their Teatox program to the letter, there’s a decent chance you’ll actually lose some weight.
The problem lies in the phrase “follow to the letter.” Because if you don’t, if you spend your private time drinking frappes and scarfing junk food, neither Skinnymint nor any other weight loss supplement or program is going to work for you. Remember that most positive Skinnymint reviews are written by those who stuck it out.
So the question you need to ask yourself before spending your money on Skinnymint is this: “How committed am I to losing weight and getting in shape?” If the answer is “Very” then there’s a decent chance Skinnymint can help you.