Solar power is not exactly new technology, however, developments in solar panel manufacture have resulted in solar power systems becoming more efficient and affordable. If you live in Australia, solar power is the ideal clean energy solution, as the nation is constantly bathed in sunshine, and with that in mind, here are some important aspects of solar energy to consider.
- Return on your Investment – Of course, installing a state-of-the-art solar power system in your home isn’t going to be cheap, and for most homeowners, the length of time to see a return on the investment is a critical factor. If you install a solar power system in your home, you should see a return on your investment in 3-5 years, and after that, its free energy all the way! Fortunately, solar power systems have been reduced in price, largely due to new technology, and this means you will start to make a profit after only a few years.
- Designed Around your Home and your Needs – There are no off-the-shelf solutions with solar power, rather the system is designed around the property and the owner’s needs. If you talk to the experts at https://ayka.com.au/ they can answer all of your questions and are always happy to pay you a home visit, when you can sit down together and discuss the many options. A lot depends on the area of your roof, the larger the roof, the more panels you can attach, and the technician would also take into account your current power requirements. Once installed, the system take care of itself and you can monitor and manage your energy use from the main control panel.
- Government Support – The Australian government has always viewed clean and renewable energy as a good thing; indeed, they offer home and business owners financial aid. Here is a link to a government website that gives information about solar energy, which makes for an informative read. The government will not be offering to help with the cost of a solar power system forever, therefore, you should take advantage of this very generous offer while you can.
- Main Components – The main components of a solar power system are, the solar panels, the inventors, the deep-cycle batteries and the control panel. Solar panels vary in quality and it is essential that you choose good quality panels that will stand the test of time, and by dealing with a government-approves solar panel supplier, you can be sure of a quality system that will last for many years. All major components will come with a full warranty, which gives you peace of mind, knowing that your solar power system will last for many years.
- Eco-Friendly – The clean and renewable energy provided by the sun causes zero pollution, which is more that can be said about fossil-fuel burning power stations that eject millions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere every year. The day that you install solar power in your home is the day you become part of the environmental solution, as opposed to being part of the problem. The federal government forecast that by the year 2030, the majority of Australian homes will be powered by solar energy, which will do wonders for the environment.
- Online Solutions – If you would like a free quote to install a solar power system in your home or office, a Google search will help you locate an established company that would be happy to pay you a visit and discuss the many options. There are no off-the-shelf solutions with solar power, rather, the system would be designed around the property and its owner’s needs, plus you have a choice of a) disconnecting from the national power grid, or b) partially use solar power in combination with the electricity grid. Once you have agreed a design, the technician will be able to quote for the project, and should you wish to proceed, an installation date will be set. If you would like to know more about the cost of solar power systems, here is an informative article on the topic.
- Wise Long-term Investment – The future of energy is clean and renewable, with solar, wind and hydro-electric power being the major players. If you install a top-quality system, it will provide you with all the energy you need, plus you can sell any excess to an energy company. Once you have recovered your initial investment, you can enjoy huge energy savings for a very long time.
If you would like to know more about solar power, simply get in touch with an established solar power system provider and they would be happy to help you design the ideal system that enables you to enjoy energy independence.
The best solution is to ask several companies to quote for solar energy, then you can compare the providers and make an informed decision.