We are truly living in a digital world and have been for many years, while up and coming resources such as the Internet of Things (IoT) will extend and speed up Internet coverage, thanks to 5G, which will cover every square metre of the Earth’s surface. Elon Musk and SpaceX are delivering thousands of low-orbit 5G satellites and with 10x data transfer speeds, the future looks rosy. Every single business should be taking advantage of available technology and with that in mind, here are a few reasons your business needs managed IT services.
- Cyber-Security – Imagine if all your customers’ financial data was stolen by a hacker? This actually happens to e-commerce stores that have inadequate security and the Managed IT service provider carries out penetrative testing to ensure that your network is 100% secure. When you accept payment on your website, that immediately becomes a very attractive target for a cyber-criminal, therefore you do need top-rated cyber-security, which is constantly updated and monitored. There are certain things that you can do to reduce the risk of a cyber-attack, such as staff training to teach them what to look for when working online and show them how to identify potential dangers. Changing usernames and passwords regularly is one way to reducing the risk of being hacked and tell your staff never to fill in a request for confidential information, which often takes the form of a phishing website that looks identical to the real one. Show employees how to scan their digital devices for viruses or spyware and always update virus definition files, as without this, new viruses will not be detected.
- Cloud Solutions – If all of your business data was on a secure dedicated server, you and authorised employees can access the data from any location and all you need is a digital device. If you would like to learn more about cloud business solutions and what it can do for your business, https://computertroubleshooters.com.au/ is a leading Australian managed IT service provider with all the solutions. All employees can access and update data in real-time, regardless of their geographical location, which keeps everyone on the same page. There are so many benefits from migrating to the cloud that every business should digitalise all of their content and data and put it on a secure cloud network.
- Business Communication – Forget the traditional telephone line, as Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) enables audio and video via the Internet. If you have your own cloud network, this can be used for all business communication; you can arrange video conferences with clients or colleagues, plus all employees can use the system via their laptop or mobile device. You don’t require any specialist hardware when you make an Internet call, plus the money you save by not using the telephone will be significant. As the administrator, you can monitor and record all calls and discover who is calling who and for how long. Click here for information on how to make the best use of your mobile applications, which makes for an informative read.
- Microsoft 365 – Formerly known as Office 365, you can access all the applications in the Office suite, which are based on the cloud, meaning that your employees can access MS Word or Excel from any location, plus they can update files and collaborate with others in real time. With a single monthly subscription, your staff can access all the programs they need to use and you won’t ever have to worry about software copyright issues. Your sales team can create their PowerPoint slide presentations while in the field, ready for the next customer appointment, while your accounting staff have access to Excel and other software applications.
- Vehicle Management – Using your cloud network and GPS technology, it is possible to track all your commercial vehicles in real time; data such as speed and direction, when the vehicle stops and for how long. You can manage your entire fleet of vehicles from a single, easy-to-use interface, plus you can have real-time communication with drivers and that makes your logistics much more efficient. The money that you can save using such a system will be considerable and as things tend to change at a minute’s notice, you can keep in contact with all of your drivers wherever they might be. This also enables customers to track their orders, which is used widely in the logistics sector.
If you would like to learn more about managed IT services, a Google search will help you to find a leading Australian company that has all the solutions. Technology never stops developing and there are sure to be many ways that digital IT solutions can streamline your business processes and by discussing your IT needs with the right provider, you can make some amazing improvements to the way your company works.