Surrounded by all this technology, it is very easy to slide into an inactive lifestyle and when you look at the obesity statistics in many developed countries, it makes you realise just how many people are actually overweight. If you are one of those who doesn’t have enough hours in a day to do what you have to do, here are a few fun ways to get fit and stay that way.
- Take Up Mountain Biking – There’s nothing worse that jogging or worse, pounding on your running machine at home, and mountain biking gets you out and about, when you can experience nature at its finest. Check out the amazing range of cool mountain biking stuff at Sendy Gear Australia, a leading MB accessories supplier and you can set aside an hour per day to ride on selected trails near your home and a bike rack on the car allows you to travel further afield. You could incorporate your MTB riding with holidays and get into camping, which would be healthy for the whole family.
- Dumb-bell Workout – Two dumb-bells and the corresponding weights are all you need to firm up those sagging muscles, and with YouTube workout routines, you can create a 30-minute session that will push you to your limits. It is a good idea to do your routine in front of a mirror, so you can see that you are doing it right, and make sure you have a balanced diet, with extra protein that is essential when trying to build muscle mass. Click here for further reading on working out at home.
- Play a Team Sport – There are soccer, basketball and rugby teams for both sexes and all ages, and with a few Google searches, you can make a connection with local clubs and apply to join. If you lack the self-discipline to workout alone, then team training will ensure you are always pushing your boundaries, not to mention the social life that comes with playing in a team. Team sports offer you a lot more than just physical exercise and when you get competitive, you have to raise your game. If your child shows a high level of interest for any sport, this should be encouraged and supported, and who knows, you may have a future world champion! Team sports also build leadership qualities, which will help the child throughout their life, and when you are in a team, there is a special camaraderie. There are many team sports, so there should be one that suits you, and by finding a local team, you can train together in the evenings and play at weekends.
- Hire a Personal Trainer – If you have tried a few times to get fit and were not successful, perhaps you should engage the services of a personal trainer. The fitness professional would first assess your overall fitness levels and then find out what your fitness goals actually are, and this enables the trainer to create a program specifically for you. Of course, the trainer would be with you during your workout sessions and he or she would push you to your limits, while also encouraging you, which is an important aspect of weight training. How often have you set yourself a fitness goal and it somehow ended up fading away? Personal trainers do not allow anything to get in the way and if you try to make excuses, you’ll have to face the music from your PT. This practically guarantees success and that’s why so many people use a personal trainer to set their goals and motivate during the program.
- Cross-Country Running – Assuming you have time on your hands and are not suffering from any medical condition, you would be an ideal candidate to join the local cross-country running club. You would be surprised at how many people run cross-country along pre-set trails that offer stunning views and a healthy environment and all you really need is a very good pair of running shoes, shorts and a T-shirt. People of all ages run and this form of exercise is a comprehensive way to work all the major muscle groups and by joining a running club, you can meet people from all walks of life. After a year or so, you could even be good enough to compete and if you reach that level, then you have no worries about fitness. If you are not into competing, run at your own speed and enjoy the beauty of nature.
The above are just a few ideas to help get you in shape and here is some Australian government information of physical fitness, which is worth a read. It is very important that you lead an active lifestyle and are staying positive during your fitness journey even during the current global pandemic, as a healthy body is a healthy mind.