Colors are a seasonal thing.
So naturally, as the seasons change, so will your eyeshadow palettes!
Not only does it set the mood for the temperatures outside, but also compliments the type of seasonal clothing that you will be wearing.
But with so many factors to consider and each person having a unique skin tone, how do you know what colors are right for you in winter or in spring? Well, we are here to help with that. Because you should feel beautiful every season of the year and always be excited to use the color palette of the season!
Here are our top color palettes to give you the perfect glow for winter and spring this year.
- Spring Season:
When Spring rolls around, it is a time of rejuvenation, regrowth, and color. So your color palettes for eyeshadow should embrace being light, bright, and warm. Because that is what spring is all about!
- Neutral colors—Spring should be all about subtly warming up with nature. There are some stunning matte shades of grey, nude, pink, and clay that give you a solid springtime glow without going all out too fast.
- Cherry palette—Spring means that fruit is in full bloom, including cherries! So why not match the blooming fruit with a cherry color palette that is sweet, a tad juicy, and adds the perfect texture to your springtime wardrobe.
- Cooler colors—While spring may be here, don’t be afraid to still play it cool. In fact, many regions will experience a winter blast every now and then with the season, so embrace that with some cooler hues that give the perfect shadow to your look
- Sparkling hues—Put a spring in your step with colors that have a little bit of sparkle to them. Nothing warms up the springtime look more than some sparkly eyeshadow colors that make your look go into full bloom.
- Winter Season:
No need to be depressed this winter, there are some stunning eyeshadow color palettes to cheer you right up! While it may seem dull and dreary outside, playing to nature’s whites, greys and icy hues are the perfect palettes for your winter eyeshadow.
- Frosty hues—Nothing says cool like a frosty eyeshadow color palette! While you may feel like you will get lost in your oversized sweaters, your eyes will still pop with the frosty hues of your winter eyeshadow. It’s subtle yet still makes a statement, helping turn your winter look into something that is still fabulous—despite the layers!
- Highlighter colors—While frosty hues are the best way to go, you can still get a bit of highlighter color into your eyeshadow for when you really need a pick-me-up! Still subtle enough to not feel out of place while providing some extra cheer to your ensemble for the day, highlighter colors like pinks and greens can really go a long way!
Okay, so our title was a bit deceiving. We’ve given you six color palettes rather than five, but that is because we wanted to make the point that you don’t have to simply stick with one color palette all season (or year) long. There are tons of fabulous ways to play with color while still fitting into the season.
Eyeshadow is all about really being an extension of your overall look. So make it work for your seasonal wardrobe. Don’t shy away from color—especially on those extra depressingly cold days. And be okay with keeping it simple too! Sometimes soft and subtle is all you need when it comes to making your eyes pop every day of the year.