Colors are a seasonal thing.
So naturally, as the seasons change, so will your eyeshadow palettes!
Not only does it set the mood for the temperatures outside, but it also compliments the type of seasonal clothing that you’ll be wearing.
But with so many factors to consider, especially since each person has a unique skin tone, how do you know what colors are right for you in winter or spring? Well, we are here to help, because you should feel beautiful every season of the year. You should always be excited to work the color palette of the season into your everyday look!
Here are our top color palettes to give you the perfect glow for winter and spring this year.
When spring rolls around, it is a time of rejuvenation, regrowth, and, most of all, color. So your color palettes for eyeshadow should embrace light, bright, and warm tones because that’s what the season is all about!
- Neutral colors—Spring should be all about subtly warming up your look, just like nature does. Stunning matte shades of grey, nude, pink, and clay give you a solid springtime glow without going all out too fast. Think the first flowers of spring just popping up among the dry winter grasses.
- Cherry palette—Spring means that fruit is in full bloom, including cherries! So why not match the blooming fruit with a cherry palette that is sweet and a tad juicy? Tones of pink, red, and green add the perfect pop of color to your springtime wardrobe.
- Cooler colors—While spring may be here, don’t be afraid to keep playing it cool. In fact, many regions will experience a winter blast every now and then with the season, so embrace that with some cooler hues that give the perfect shadow to your look. You don’t have to give up your silver glitter just yet.
- Sparkling hues—Put a spring in your step with colors that have a little bit of sparkle to them. Nothing warms up the springtime look more than some sparkly eyeshadow colors that make your look go into full bloom.
No need to be depressed this winter; there are some stunning eyeshadow color palettes to cheer you right up! While it may seem dull and dreary outside, playing to nature’s whites, greys, and icy hues are the perfect palettes for your winter eyeshadow.
- Frosty hues—Nothing says cool like a frosty eyeshadow color palette! While you may feel like you’ll get lost in your oversized sweaters, your eyes will still pop with the frosty hues of your winter eyeshadow. It’s subtle yet still makes a statement, helping turn your winter look into something that is still fabulous—despite the layers!
- Highlighter colors—While frosty hues are the best way to go, you can still get a bit of highlighter color into your eyeshadow for when you really need a pick-me-up! Still subtle enough to not feel out of place while providing some extra cheer to your ensemble for the day, shimmery highlighter colors like pinks and greens can really go a long way!
Okay, so our title was a bit deceiving. We’ve given you six color palettes rather than five, but that’s because we wanted to make the point that you don’t have to simply stick with one color palette all season (or year) long. There are tons of fabulous ways to play with color while still fitting into the season.
Eyeshadow is all about extending your overall look, so make it work for your seasonal wardrobe. Don’t shy away from color—especially on those extra depressingly cold days. And be okay with keeping it simple too! Sometimes soft and subtle is all you need when it comes to making your eyes pop any time of the year.